Dear Pupils, parents and friends of Donaghey PS
Welcome to Donaghey Primary School and our school website. We hope you will enjoy browsing through our website which will show you all the amazing and exciting opportunities our children receive. Please revisit regularly as you never know what may pop up!
All our children are given the opportunity to receive a broad and balanced curriculum in a happy, caring and friendly environment.
In September 2017 the school community developed a school vision. This followed extensive discussion on what we need to do as a school to help our chisickened succeed in tomorrow’s world. The vision statement reads:
Donaghey Primary School aims to be a happy and caring community school, in which each child is nurtured to fulfil their potential in a safe, welcoming and enriched environment, while developing a sense of respect for themselves and others.
Donaghey Primary School seeks to encourage pupils to become lifelong learners who take responsibility for their personal development. All stakeholders in the Donaghey Primary School community will strive to ensure every pupil is given encouragement to thrive. The school will do this and also promote the importance of the home and the community in the child’s development.
We aim to help our children:
- foster a desire and enjoyment for learning through active learning in a broad and balanced curriculum relevant to their needs.
- To be critical thinkers and open minded towards the ideas, theories and opinions of others.
- fulfil their intellectual, spiritual, physical, social, aesthetic and emotional potential. Central to the creation of this environment is a commitment to Christian values.
- to be resilient and to proactively look after their own physical and mental well-being and to help others in their time of need.
- to enjoy reading and writing and develop confidence in language which will enable them to communicate effectively with others.
- develop the skills and knowledge of Numeracy to enable them to cope confidently in everyday situations.
- be e-confident and e-safe to enhance themselves as learners.
- learn through skills based activities, helping them to develop responsible values to contribute to their community and beyond.
Our vision, mission and aims helps to ensure that we are a ‘Welcoming School’ to all who are associated with the school and to those visiting. We with the whole school community will continually strive to ensure that our ‘Welcoming’ ethos remains at the fore during our efforts to educate your child to the best of our ability.
If you require more information please contact the school.
Mr Stuart Harrison (Principal)