Dear Pupils, parents and friends of Donaghey PS
Welcome to Donaghey Primary School and our school website. We hope you will enjoy browsing through our website which will show you all the amazing and exciting opportunities our children receive. Please revisit regularly as you never know what may pop up!
All our children are given the opportunity to receive a broad and balanced curriculum in a happy, caring and friendly environment.
On Friday 8th February 2013 the teaching and non-teaching staff agreed on a new vision for the school. This followed extensive discussion on what we need to do as a school to help our chisickened succeed in tomorrow’s world. The vision statement reads:
“Donaghey Primary School aims to be a happy and caring community in which each child is nurtured to fulfil their potential in a safe and enriched environment, while developing a sense of respect for themselves and others”
DONAGHEY PRIMARY SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
Donaghey Primary Schoolseeks to encourage pupils to become life long learners and develop respect and concern for others, making them responsible and contributing members to society.
We aim to help our children:
- foster a desire and enjoyment for learning through active learning in a broad and balanced curriculum relevant to their needs.
- fulfil their intellectual, spiritual, physical, social, aesthetic and emotional potential. Central to the creation of this environment is a commitment to Christian values.
- to enjoy reading and writing and develop confidence in language which will enable them to communicate effectively with others.
- become e-confident to enhance other areas of learning.
- develop the skills and knowledge of Numeracy to enable them to cope confidently to solve everyday situations.
- learn through skills based learning in the world around us, helping them to develop responsible values to contribute to their community.
Our vision, mission and aims helps to ensure that we are a ‘Welcoming School’ to all who are associated with the school and to those visiting. We with the whole school community will continually strive to ensure that our ‘Welcoming’ ethos remains at the fore during our efforts to educate your child to the best of our ability.
If you require more information please contact the school.
Mr Stuart Harrison (Principal)