Welcome to Donaghey Parents’ Association (DPA). We are a small, informal group of parents and guardians who meet up each term to discuss ways of helping and supporting the staff and pupils in the school. As a parent of a child or children at Donaghey Primary School, you are automatically entitled to attend meetings of the Parents’ Association. It is a brilliant way of getting to know other parents of children at our school.
The purpose of the DPA is simple:
- To give the parents a forum to put forward suggestions and ideas to enhance the development of the school.
- To provide a link between school and home and offer opportunities for parental involvement in school activities.
- To hold fundraising events to support the school and pupils
- To provide refreshments for open days, concerts etc.
We would actively encourage any parent to come along to our meetings where you would be made very welcome. Parental participation at organised events is crucial to ensure each event is a success and any time volunteered is greatly appreciated. Your thoughts, suggestions and comments are most valuable. Fresh ideas are vital to the success and enhancement of our school. Not forgetting, of course, the cup of tea or coffee & biscuits and a chat with other parents!
DIARY OF EVENTS – 2012 – 2013
- Saturday 23rd March, 2pm – Family walk around the country roads close to Donaghey PS, followed by refreshments back at school (the running of this event this event will depend on advice taken from the PSNI with regard to safety issues).
- Saturday 13th April, 10.00am – Car Boot Sale.
- Monday 15th Apri,7.30-8.30pm – PSNI Internet safety information session for parents.
- Wednesday 24th April, 7pm – Table Quiz for all the family.
- Wednesday 22nd May, 7.30pm – Paddy Quinn fun night for all the family.
- Friday 21st June fun day in school.
- Non-uniform Days (first Friday of every month). £1.00 donation per child per non-uniform day. The first non-uniform day will be on Friday 1st February 2013. The theme for this day will be sports related. Get your tracksuit and football tops on!!!!!
Please keep an eye on the DPA notice board in school (adjacent to the staff room) for all DPA related activities.