Welcome to Donaghey Parents’ Association (DPA). We are a small, informal group of parents and guardians who meet up each term to discuss ways of helping and supporting the staff and pupils in the school. As a parent of a child or children at Donaghey Primary School, you are automatically entitled to attend meetings of the Parents’ Association. It is a brilliant way of getting to know other parents of children at our school.
The purpose of the DPA is simple:
- To give the parents a forum to put forward suggestions and ideas to enhance the development of the school.
- To provide a link between school and home and offer opportunities for parental involvement in school activities.
- To hold fundraising events to support the school and pupils
- To provide refreshments for open days, concerts etc.
We would actively encourage any parent to come along to our meetings where you would be made very welcome. Parental participation at organised events is crucial to ensure each event is a success and any time volunteered is greatly appreciated. Your thoughts, suggestions and comments are most valuable and are vital to the success and enhancement of our school. Not forgetting, of course, the cup of tea or coffee & biscuits and a chat with other parents!
Donaghey Parents’ Association (DPA) Events 2013-14
The DPA AGM took place on Tuesday 24th September with thirteen teachers and parents attending. The primary aim of the meeting was to form a new committee and discuss potential events for the 2013-14 school year. I am pleased to inform you that a new committee has been formed:
Chairperson: Mr S. Harrison
Secretary: Mrs W. Badger
Treasurer: Mrs J. Irwin
General committee members – Mrs Julie Brodison, Mrs Jane Brodison, Mrs J. Evans, Mrs G. Dunseath, Mrs A. Blower, Mrs S. Curry, Mrs K. Anderson & Mrs D. Kelso.
Forming the committee was an important step because it will allow us to apply for grants. However, the DPA is keen to stress that all parents are free to attend future meetings and volunteer to help with the running of events.
The minutes of the meeting have been placed on the DPA noticeboard. If you would like a copy of the minutes please contact me.
Future DPA events:
- Car Boot Sale – Saturday 5th Octobe 2013, 10.00-12.00pm (Please add your name to the list on the DPA noticeboard if you would like to bring your car along. £5.00 per car.
- Geoff Chambers (Mt. Everest mountaineer) talk – Thursday 7th November 2013, 7.30pm.
- Cool For School Family Photo Evening – Tuesday 19th November 2013, 5.30-7.30pm.
- Winter Action Day – School grounds development – Saturday 22nd February 2014, 10.00pm.
- Ulster rugby trip (versus Dragons) – Friday 28th February 2014.
- Movie Night in school – Tuesday 8th April 2014.
- Car Boot Sale – Saturday 10th May 2014, 10.00-12.00pm.
- Ulster Scots Evening – Thursday 15th May 2014.
- Summer Fun Night – Friday 13th June 2014
The next non-uniform day will be Friday 11th April 2014.
Thank you to the DPA for donating £700.00 to the school to help us purchase cameras and flip cameras. The DPA fund currently stands at approximately £1500.00.
Please keep an eye on the DPA notice board in school (adjacent to the staff room) for all DPA related activitie and the minutes from DPA meetings.